In the never ending search for the perfect chuck box here’s another interesting chuck box design by lupinsea found at the Expedition Portal. Looks like a lightweight, compact and functional idea (there’s a video below showing how it is set up. I could not find any plans for this box, so you’d meed to reverse engineer if you’d like to build one.
- Table height work surface, 29.5″ high
- Work surface area of approx. 14″ x 34″
- Folds down to 15″ x 20″ foot print, approx. 18″ high
- Stable base that doubles as a carry cradle with handles
- Skeletonizing to shave off approx. 6.5 lb of weight for a total empty weight of approx. 28 lb.
- Fast, 15 second set up time
- Slot for modest campfire cooking grate
- Storage for two 1 lb. propane canisters
- Self-supporting utensil drawer
- Deep doors which include two spice racks and room for hooks for big serving utensils
- Large main cavity with modular adjustable shelves
- Paper towel roll storage
There’s a four year long thread about chuck boxes at the Expedition Portal – warning, set aside some time before you follow this link!