The Eureka Timberline 4 may be the most popular tent ever. Many scout troops choose the Timberline because:
- It is easy to set up and easy to pack up.While the tent is easy to pitch it is advisable to read and follow the pitching instructions carefully so the poles don’t get bent.
- It is durable. Ours last for ten years or more, that’s about 250 nights of camping.
- Replacement parts are easy to get. Poles, junction tubes, shock cords, stakes and bags sometimes go missing but they are readily available from most suppliers. The longevity of the design means that the poles from a tent we bought twenty years ago fit the ones we bought yesterday
- The four man size will fit three scouts comfortably, four with reasonable comfort depending on the size of the scouts.
- It is priced reasonably. We spend a little more for the two door model, the scouts like that feature. Still well under $200.00. That works out to about $.70 a night.
- While it is not the lightest tent we carry them backpacking. It divides up nicely between three scouts: one carries the tent, one carries the fly, one carries the poles and stakes.
We did make a change recently to the Marmot Limelight 3 – read about it here.